Uly's Blog

Hi I'm Uly.

Sunday, October 17, 2004

Kya-!! My pictures are on the computer screen! Now you can imagine what Terry Fox run was like more clearly, I think. Do not worry, Scott. Before I had decided to go the run, I already knew that It would take about 2 hours to get there, as I have been around places in Hyogo-ken. BUT! I made Motoko wait for a very long time. SORRY Motoko! I apologize for making you wait so long. You know, we had a lot of fun, and met many nice people there. I am glad that I went there. Surprisingly, we had sunny, very beautiful weather. Motoko & I enjoyed talking with people there. There were a lot of little kids & many families. I remember that I talked with a girl who was about 10 or 11 years old. I said that I learned Terry Fox at university, and she said that Terry Fox is amazing. I thought that it is very nice that children have an opportunity to know Terry Fox, and understand what Terry Fox did, think about it and take part in the charity. We also watched Terry's video. Before all of us started, girls & boys dealt chocolate & some snacks for free, so I ate chocolate, and got energy, then all the people started. I had planned to enjoy walking, but Motoko wanted to run, so she went far forwrad, and had to wait for me till I got her! See, I made her wait for a long time again! Actually, there were many people who walked around me, and they enjoyed chatting. Children were at some points for direction & giving water, so I did not have to worry to get lost. After we met again, we enjoyed walking, (I ate lots of candies while we were walking. That is why I did not lose weight!) and we were happy to see beautiful sky, grasses, tress and sea. Streests there were very neat & clean. Staffs at each points clapped their hands, and cheered runners with smiling. With their cheering, we finished the goal line. As u can see in the pictures, we received the certificates from a friendly girl. After the marathon, there was a gifts giving, and guess what! Both Motoko & Scott won prizes! Taka & I did not, so Scott shared with us. Thank you, Scott:-) After the marathon, children served hot dogs for free, but we did not eat, as both I & Motoko wanted to eat big lunch. We said bye-bye to Scott & Taka, and went for lunch near Sumiyoshi station. What good students we are! Even after we left Canadian Academy, Motoko & I still talked in English, and enjoyed chatting in English at a cafe. It was funny that people around us looked surprised & curious! A woman who had a seat next to us(a Japanese) listened to us & she interrupted, and said she enjoyed listening to our English conversation! She said she was 68 years old, but she looked quite young. (Actually, she seemed to be really proud to be looked young! anyhoo...). People around us on the train looked surprised why we talked in English too! I had such a lot of big fun with many people & everything all day. I am really glad that I took part in the marathon. Though what we have learned about Terry Fox is important & serious, and people work hard to raise money for cancer research, I did not have to be able to say great things when I talkedwith people there. I saw many smiles, and I could share happy & comfy time with everyone. Thanks to Terry Fox, I could meet all those beautiful smiles. Thank you for giving me the opportunity, Scott. I am proud of you too:-) Cheers!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Yuri! You are a great runner! Someday, I want to run, too!! :)

     
  • At 11:46 PM, Blogger Scott Douglas said…

    I'm crying, I guess your teacher is a really emotional person. I'm glad you enjoyed your day at the Terry Fox Run. My mother had cancer, like your father did, so the Terry Fox Run is something very important for me. It's people like you that make the world a better place!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home