Uly's Blog

Hi I'm Uly.

Saturday, May 29, 2004

I went to a book shop to find Maeve Binchy's book, "Light A Penny Candle" today. The book shop did not have "Light-",so I bought another book of her, "Dublin People". Then when I was nearly leaving there, I found some books which were about the war in Iraq. Titles like "The facts of the war in Iraq",or "The life in Iraq", and the pictures of Iraqi children's sweet smiiles on the cover caught my eyes, so I decided to have a look there. (I did not have extra money to buy them!)

One book had a lot of pictures of Iraq with short explanations, so I could know what is really happening in Iraq directly. Before I found the book, I had known some things of the war in Iraq. For example, I knew that a lot of people died in Iraq, and the States sent its big army there, but I did not know about the details about the situations there deeply enough. The pictures of the book told me how terrible and cruel the happenings were in Iraq.

I saw some pictures that soldiers of the States were training to fight,and to use their guns and other weapons. Some soldiers were cleaning their guns beside their familys' photos in their bags. When I saw their familys' photos, I realized that not only Iraqi people, but also soldiers of the States have their familys. If there was no war in this world, no one would have to separate from their family...

The picture which I was shocked by the most was the picture of a dead Iraqi soldier. When I saw it first, I thought the soldier was hurt or dead, so he was on the ground, but when I read the explanation of its picture, I could not believe what I read. The explanation said that maybe, the soldier was ran over by a car after he was killed. The photographer thought so because both of his legs were open unnaturally, and joints of his legs were dislocated unnaturally. A large cloth like someone's jacket was put on his face by someone's kind care. I could not think that there were many people around me at the book shop at that time, and I could not move for a while. My eyes could not move. I was just there, and staring at the picture.

I watched a news on tv that President Bush said his aim was to take away violence from Iraq. I was very angry when I watched it. How can we take away violence by violence? What President Bush said does not make sence at all. No one can agree with. If they find a mass destruction weapon in Iraq, does it make sence? What about the atomic bombs in the States? Isn't it a mass destruction weapon? After I saw the pictures of Iraq, I can say that what President Bush is doing with his army in Iraq is totally wrong. Even now in my house, when I think about the man of the picture, I can not stop tears coming with sadness and anger.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home