Uly's Blog

Hi I'm Uly.

Sunday, June 13, 2004

I have just finished cooking & eating French toast. I thought that I was quite good at cooking it, but... this time it was not really nice. uhmmm... maybe, next time!

Today news about Africa has been on TV since this morning. It says that there was a big meeting with G8, and people talk about Africa's poverty & hungert to solve the problems. They mentioned about refugees too. They introduced the fact of refugees from Sudan a lot. In Egypt, there are a lot of people who escaped from their own country because of poverty & violence. Many of them are not defined as refugees, so they cannot get a job, and they cannot find a place to live because they cannot make documents. I had thought that if people can escape from their country into different country, they felt safe, but on the CNN news, many of the people said that if they defined as refugees, they wanted to go to different country from Egypt. I was surprised to know it, as I thought that people from Sudan wanted to settle in Egypt because it is safer. Things are so complecated to see the parts of the real problems, but I want to keep knowing about refugees. Does any group work on a country which is related to refugees? If so, I am looking forward to talking with the group.

I have a very good book which is about refugees. The publication is the United Nation, and the title is "The State Of The World's Refuees". I knew about this book when I worked on my research paper last year, and I tried to find this book, but in Japan, I could not get one. I told my host family about this book, and they tried hard to find it for me. Finally, there was one in the States, so my host family get it for me. Thank you for doing all the things to get the book for me Barbara & Michael! The book has important information about refugees around the world, so I want to read it slowly.

I told our blog address to my host family, so my host family can read all of our blogs! Now we really know that the world, can read our blogs! wow, isn't that great?! Let's have fun with the posters. C ya soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home