Uly's Blog

Hi I'm Uly.

Friday, October 15, 2004

I am glad that I could find a person who go to the Terry Fox run with me. I was looking for someone, but no one was available. Let's have a lot of fun there, Motoko! My father had cancer before, so I realize that what I am learning is connected to my life. This is not really the reason why I want to go to the Terry Fox run, but I am glad that I can donate money for cancer research. 2 years ago in summer, my father got cancer, and he had to have an operation to recover. Doctor said that it was a difficult operation, and so my mother told me to prepare my mind for 'if'. Fortunately, the operation succeeded, and he survives. He has to take some tablets to prevent cancer again, but anyway he is okay now. When my father stayed at hospital, my mother had to visit him at hospital everyday by a bicycle because she cannot drive a car. She couldn't be absent from the role in my brother's baseball team, so things were very tough for her. I helped housework during summer holiday, but not much when school started. I was preparing for entrance examinations for universities then, so my parents had to worry about household economy too. I remember that I was angry because my younger sister & brother did not help me doing housework at all! thinking that even though they were young, obviously, they had to understand what they had to do. Having such a situation, I realized the person who the most tired is not the sick person him/her self. It is the people around. In my case, it was my mother. Well, this is my own opinion, but this is what I saw. Of course, my father had such a difficult situation, and he had pain physically & emotionally, but I saw that it was my mother who was the most exhausted. Now I think that my father should thank her more. He wanted to give something to the doctor to show his thank, but doctors cannot receive money or things from patients, so I am glad that this time I can mean thank by donating money tomorrow. I do not know exactly where the place of Terry Fox run is, so I hope that I will be able to follow each direction well tomorrow. Oh, and I have to wake up quite early in the morning! I hope that I will not oversleep! Sorry that many of my friends cannot go with me, but ask me about the run if you are interested in. I am not a good runner, so I worried, but I was glad to see that some people even pushed their baby chairs. I look forward to meeing a lot of people there, and I hope that I can make many friends there. If I get too tired, I will ask Motoko to pull me! Hurray Motoko!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home