Uly's Blog

Hi I'm Uly.

Sunday, October 10, 2004

At the moment, we are learning heroes in class, so I will introduce some of my heroes here. I have just watched a movie "Hero" on tv tonight. When I read the title, I soon remembered our class' topic! The movie was filmed in 2002, but I was surprised to know that 2 years have already passed since then. When I watched the movie's commercial on tv, I would often say that I really wanted to see it. Because it is very expensive to see movies, I do not see movies in Japan, so I could not see "Hero" at that time either. Tonight I finally could see it, and I was happy because one of my favourite actresses was on it. Do you know the Chinese actress who is in the shampoo's commercial? The one wearing a red dress? The actress is Zhang Ziyi. She is very pretty, and she makes Asian girls proud of their black hair, I think. She looked pretty in every dress she wears in the movie though the story was not interesting... I like her even more! Right now she is in the new movie "Lovers", Chinese movie again. Zhang Ziyi wears colourful dresses again, and of course she looks very pretty. check it out.

Another hero of mine is Jackie Robinson. Have you ever heard? I know that many people in our class have no interest in baseball, so maybe most of you do not know him. Jackie Robinson is the first black Major League Baseball player. The surroundings around him to play baseball was terrible because of discrimination. Sometimes he was threatened by receiving letters saying that the senders would kill his wife and children. Many poeple threatened him, and tried to stop him playing baseball anymore just because he was black man. Now new MLB players cannot get the back number, 42 because the number is so honored because of Jakie Robinson. That is why when you see forien baseball players in Japan wear the number 42. I respect what he did, and what he thought. MAybe if you are interested in it, check some information on the net. He is a very important person still in this community. It sounds like Terry fox, doesn't it? With such difficulties like the discrimination, he kept beliving in him. I think it is really great. I think he is very famous even now. There are some books about him, and I read one of them when I was in high school. check it!

Don't forget when I say my hero, Namie Amuro. I cannot finish talking if I start introducing her. Today, well, yesterday, I made a reservation to buy a DVD of Namie Amuro's concert tours'. I am sure that everyone will be excited when you see her singing & dancing at live. You really should watch it. Do not miss it! Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home