Uly's Blog

Hi I'm Uly.

Thursday, June 03, 2004

My little brother has gone on a school trip. He & his friends have gone to Nagano-ken. I wondered if they go to Nagano in winter, they can enjoy skiing, but what have they gone to Nagano for in summer?! He said he would just have fun with his friends, maybe that's everything for them! I hope he enjoys nature like mountain, clean air, bugs(?), etc, etc there all together, and I think he does!I also hope that he has a chance to think about an environment as I often talk about global issues with him.

There is another reason why I was surprised to hear that he would go to Nagano on a school trip. In Japan, one of the aims of school trip is to learn & think about peace. When I was his age, I went to Hiroshima-ken on a school trip. We went to the Atomic Bomb Memorial Dome, and listened to a parson who was in Hiroshima when the Atomic Bomb was released. The parson told us what she saw, what happened to her & her friends, what she had to do during the war, how horrible the situation was, how important peace was, How lucky we had life & day to live, etc, etc,Everyone listened to her quietly, and the parson said " My speaking is not clear, so I'm sorry, it must be difficult to understand". Sometimes she couldnot speak slowly or gently. I now think that was because she was confused & things that she saw were really awful. Like this, we had a lot of chances to think about war & peace during our school trip, but one thing that I cannot forget happened when we arrived at Hiroshima, and very got off from our bus.

Our bus arrived at Peace Memorial Park, and several girls started to take photos in front of Peace Memorial Image with smiles on their faces, and making 'peace' with their fingers as all of Japanese people always do when they take photos. Then a man who was nearly passing there on a bicycle stopped suddenly, and he started to shout something to the girls who were taking photos in fornt of the Image. Everyone was shocked for it, but I couldn't hear what the man said to them. One of our teachers went there, and talked with the man for a while. Our teacher explained what the man said. The man got very angry when he saw the students took photos laughing & romping around. He shouted that they should not have done such things when they took photos there because it was so rude to the people who died in war & their familys. This made me think that there are alot of people who lost their family & friends in war now & still war is a part of their life in their minds.

I'm sorry that my brother doesn't have a chance like this. The people who know war is decreasing, so we have less chance to listen to them. Sometimes listening to them was too bloody, and I even felt throwing up(I just felt throwing up, I did not threw up!, but some students really trew up). Sometimes it was too sad to keep listening to, but I think that is what we really have to know about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home