Uly's Blog

Hi I'm Uly.

Friday, May 14, 2004

I love miso soup. My mother makes various kinds of miso soup, and I always savour them. My family often have miso soup. The foods in miso soup are always different. wakame, tofu, beansprouts, carrots, radish, pampkins, burdocks, potatoes, deep-fried bean curds, eggplants, noodles, etc. etc.

One day when I had miso soup of a lot of vegetables for dinner, Saki.I's presentation & blog came up to my mind. It's about "if food imports into Japan from abroad is stopped..."

She showed what kinds of meals Japanese people would have if food imports stopped. When we listened to it, many people were seemed to be shocked because there were tiny, simple meals in a day. I was a bit surprised at such small meals too, but I also thought it was nice because the simple meals looked very Japanese own dishes. It was like Japanese own tradition. When I reminded the presentation, I said to my family "it is ashame that we can't even eat Japanese own food if food imports stopped". Japan imports a lot of soy beans from the States, so if it stopped, we can't eat the food which are made from soy beans. Then I was afraid alot. I love all kinds of Japanese food too, and I just can't imagine my future without miso soup, tofu, deep-fried bean curds, soy sauce, etc. etc.

I also enjoyed reading Saki's blog too. I was quite surprised when I knew the % of Australia's self-sufficiency. I think it was more than 200%. What a big country! I said "then, Australia doesn't have to import food because it has enough by itself". Then my family said " if Australia does so, it can't get money by it", and it made sense to me.

I love Japanese food alot, and I think it's a big part of Japan's culture. I hope Japan's import & export work well to keep its beautiful, delicious food.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home