Uly's Blog

Hi I'm Uly.

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

ATTENTION PLEASE!
Please go to Namba Walk with your old clothes that you do not need any more. I have just found a news article saying "Let's send your old clothes to the world!". From 28th of October to 3rd of November, charity people will wait for our old clothes which will be sent to refugee camps, this year, they will send the clothes to Angola & Tanzania.
Many peolpe at refugee camps in Africa do not even have enough clothes while Japanese people buy & do away with new clothes. Don't you feel guilty? I do though I rarely buy new clothes. This charity is very good because refugees will be helped & we also can feel good^^. We do not have to waste clothes any more, and at the same time, we can spread Japan's fashion to the world! Isn't that great? We can make refugees happy by sending our old clothes, and if refugees like our clothes & smile wearing them, it will make us happy too!
Everytime we learn hunger or starving people, we feel sad because even if we sympathize with them, we do not really do anything that can help them, right? Now, here is a easy way that we can participate. We often go to Namba for dinner or shopping, don't we? Then, why don't we drop in at the charity with our clothes, and enjoy everyone's fashion there? Sounds awesome^^! Here is more information.

Place : Kujira Park in Namba Walk (Kujira means whale in Japanese, anyhoo)

Date : From October 28th(Thursday) to November 3rd(Wednesday)

Time : 11:00 ~20:00

Clothes : Casual ones, No stain, Washed ones(we do not need wash the clothes at cleaninng
shop, just wash by ourselves), Blankets, sheets & towels also.

No thanks : Coats, Sweaters, Suits, Jackets, Skirts, Dress(one-piece in Japanese), Japanese
Clothes(Like kimono & yukata), Hats, Shoes & Bags.

It says that 300 people of all who visit the charity can receive 500yen dinner&shopping coupon tickets, and even if we miss the coupon, there are some presents! There is also a charity for raise money to send those clothes to Africa too.

When we look around, there are actually a lot of opportunities that we can take action. Don't you have tiny free time during KGU's festival? Let's enjoy ourselves at Namba Walk!

1 Comments:

  • At 5:02 AM, Blogger Scott Douglas said…

    Thanks for this great information!!! I don't have too many clothes here in Japan, but in Canada I always used to either donate my clothes to the Salvation Army (for homeless people) or to the women's shelter (to sell in their shop to raise money for battered women). I am going to go through my clothes and see what I don't need. I have gained 15 kgs since I moved to Japan, so I probably have a couple of pairs of pants I could donate. Plus, I'm going to tell all the other teachers to check our your blog.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home