Uly's Blog

Hi I'm Uly.

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Last Sunday, November 7th, I took an English test which is organized by the United Nations. I tried level C, but it was a bit too easy for me, so it was less fun. I should have tried level B instead. Anyhoo, after the test, I went to McDonalds, and tried the new hamburger, 'Tomato-Mcgrand'. I was so hangry, so I was very excited to try the new one for the first time. It was big & delicious, but I thought that if the hamburger does not have a tomato, it would be better. (LOL!) I usually have a look at the sheet on a tray when I eat at McDonalds. On that day, I read the sheet on my tray, and I knew that McDonalds did a charity! I had not known that McDonalds did any charities, so I was glad to find it out. You may think that I always blog about charities, and maybe you are tired of it. Well, here, I am going to talk about charities! hehehe... I was thinking whether Yuka would blog about this, but she has not done yet, so let me tell U guys. November 20th is the world children's day, so this McDonalds' charity is for children. When children have diseases or sth, and they have to stay hospital which is far from their own house, parents have a difficult situation both economicaly & emotionaly. McDonalds has built homes in Tokyo & Sendai for those familys to stay. This McDonalds' charity home is called "Donald McDonalds House". In 2005, McDonalds will build 2 more those Donald McDonalds House in Kochi & Osaka too! Money from this charity goes to help those Houses. When you donate 100yen, McDonalds person will give you a hand-printed sticker. Then you write a message or anything you like on the hand-shaped sticker. Then, you can paste it somewhere in the McDonalds shop or hand it to shop persons there. I wanted to keep the sticker by myself, so I wrote a short massage on it, and paste it on my portfolio. I can show you it if you want to have a look at it. The sticker is very pretty! The 100yen I donated will go to the foundation of the 'Donald McDonalds House'. This charity is to the world's children's day, November 20th, so if you go to McDonalds by then, just have a look at the sheet on ya tray. Next time when I go to McDonalds, I want to try 'Mcgrand' hamburger! It looks very delicious^^. Did anyone try that? Tell me how it was!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home