Uly's Blog

Hi I'm Uly.

Sunday, November 28, 2004

I went to Seta in Shiga-ken to see Yoko Ono's peace exhibition. I asked Yoko.W how to get there, as Yoko is from Shiga. It took about 2 hours and a half to get there. I liked Seta city, as roads are wide, traffic is not busy, and scenery is beautiful! The Shiga Museum is in a park called Culture Zone, and the museum is near Ryukoku University. One of my high school friends goes to Ryukoku University there, so I was surprised to know that she goes to such a far uni from her house in Matsubara city everyday! Since there are a lot of trees and beautiful scenery, I could see lots of beautiful leaves changing colour! Wow, I could enjoy koyo without planning to do so, as many people do for Kyoto lately. My favourite leaves' colour is very red. I found a tree which has lots of unique red leaves. It was sooo beautiful, even terribly beautiful, so I took its photo by my keitai. I can show u the photo on Monday if ya want^^. Well, to enter the exhibition, it was 800yen for college students, but guess what! I forgot KGU's student card... BUT! the reception ladies said that I could write my name and Uni's name on the sheet, so that I could enter as a college student! Inside the exhibition, there were a lot of Yoko Ono's works and information of her life. I did not know that before Yoko Ono got married Jhon Lennon(spelling?), she left her family to elope with a Japanese man! Did you know that?? I think it said that the man was a composer or somethin'... I am not sure. Did you know that Yoko Ono went to Gakushu-in?! Gakushu-in is a school only for some elites. Children in Japan's emperor family go to Gakushu-in. I was impressed by some of her messages or works, but you know, I am not an art person, so honestly, I often felt 'this is art, really? how? hmmm...' Still, I found great works which meant important messages. For example, there was a chess set on the long table with lot of chairs. What is so unique about the chess set is that everything, each chess' piece, the table, chairs, chess boad, everything there was just all white. The title of this work was like ' Play in Trust'. Can you guess what message it includes? At the exit, there was a tree. People write their own feeling on the small card, and tie the card to the tree. It is like Tanabata tree. It said, when the exhibition is finished, all the cards will be sent to Yoko Ono! Isn't this great?? I was excited when I imagined that Yoko Ono will read my card! After I walked all around the exhibition, I got to write ' I'm still thinking. Is peace really possible? By Yuri Chaya, Japan'. I wanted to write what I have learned in Scott's class, and what I felt for each topic, and told her our blog's address, and told her to click my page especially, but the card was too small for all these writings, so I thought short words were better. I hope that Yoko Ono will feel something special to my card. I bought some post cards and a book of this exhibition, so please tell me when you want to see them. I saw much more works to tell you, but it would take hours to blog, so please just ask me what the eles were like! SO! I did not have enough time to study for the test... He-lp! Somebody-! Oh, and please someone give Yuka chocolate! She is terribly busy, and needs chocolate terribly, she said on her blog!!

13 Comments:

  • At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Yuri,

    It's Crystal Luxmore here! I've enjoyed reading some of your blogs. They're very well written and your ability to joke in English is to be admired! You're sense of humour and passion for achieving positive change in the world shines through in each of your blogs. I would have loved to see Yoko Ono's exhibition. It sounds like it really got you thinking about major peace and global issues, which is more important than understanding the art itself. Well, I'll write again soon, but for now keep on blogging! P.S. Where are your Terry Fox blogs? I'd really like to read them.

     
  • At 7:26 PM, Blogger Scott Douglas said…

    I'm so jealous that you got to go and see Yoko Ono's exhibition!! I really wish I could have gone, but I have been so busy lately I haven't had time for anything. I would have loved to have written something on the tree like you did. That is such a wonderful idea. Maybe we should make our own global issues tree here in Kansai Gaidai . . . . . . hmmmmm, you have given me a good idea.

     
  • At 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice blog Yuri. Your posts were interesting reading. I was looking for wine cellar rack related information and found your site. I have a wine cellar rack site. You'll find everything about wine, gift baskets, Napa Valley wine tours, and how to keep your wine properly chilled until it's ready to drink. Please try and visit it, see what you think.

     
  • At 6:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi there Yuri, I was just browsing, looking for wine cooling system related information and found your blog. Very Nice! I have a wine cooling system site. You'll find everything about wine, gift baskets, Napa Valley wine tours, and how to keep your wine properly chilled until it's ready to drink. Please visit, check it out and enjoy!

     
  • At 7:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I enjoyed reading some of your posts Yuri. I was looking for wine cellar equipment related information and found your site. I have a wine cellar equipment site. You'll find everything about wine, gift baskets, Napa Valley wine tours, and how to keep your wine properly chilled until it's ready to drink. Come and check it out if you get time :-)

     
  • At 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice blog Yuri. Your posts were interesting reading. I was looking for residential wine cellars related information and found your site. I have a residential wine cellars site. You'll find everything about wine, gift baskets, Napa Valley wine tours, and how to keep your wine properly chilled until it's ready to drink. Please try and visit it, see what you think.

     
  • At 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi there Yuri, I was just browsing, looking for related information and found your blog. Very Nice! I have a site. You'll find everything about wine, gift baskets, Napa Valley wine tours, and how to keep your wine properly chilled until it's ready to drink. Please visit, check it out and enjoy!

     
  • At 9:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Yuri, very unique blog you have! I was looking for wine glasses related information and came across you rsite. Very good info, I'm definitely going to bookmark you! I have a wine glasses site. You'll find everything about wine, gift baskets, Napa Valley wine tours, and how to keep your wine properly chilled until it's ready to drink. Please visit it.

     
  • At 6:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Yuri. I was looking for wine cellar designs related information and came across your site. Very good reading! I have a wine cellar designs site. You'll find everything about wine, gift baskets, Napa Valley wine tours, and how to keep your wine properly chilled until it's ready to drink. Check it out when you can :)

     
  • At 4:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Yuri. I was looking for wine glasses related information and came across your site. Very good reading! I have a wine glasses site. You'll find everything about wine, gift baskets, Napa Valley wine tours, and how to keep your wine properly chilled until it's ready to drink. Check it out when you can :)

     
  • At 10:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice blog Yuri. Your posts were interesting reading. I was looking for wine clubs related information and found your site. I have a wine clubs site. You'll find everything about wine, gift baskets, Napa Valley wine tours, and how to keep your wine properly chilled until it's ready to drink. Please try and visit it, see what you think.

     
  • At 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice blog Yuri. Your posts were interesting reading. I was looking for wine cellar rack related information and found your site. I have a wine cellar rack site. You'll find everything about wine, gift baskets, Napa Valley wine tours, and how to keep your wine properly chilled until it's ready to drink. Please try and visit it, see what you think.

     
  • At 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice blog Yuri. Your posts were interesting reading. I was looking for wine refrigerator related information and found your site. I have a wine refrigerator site. You'll find everything about wine, gift baskets, Napa Valley wine tours, and how to keep your wine properly chilled until it's ready to drink. Please try and visit it, see what you think.
    If you have a site similar to mine and would like to exchange links, please contact me through my website.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home