Uly's Blog

Hi I'm Uly.

Thursday, April 29, 2004

Hola! This time, I would like to talk about my lunch yesterday. Yesterday, after Roger's class, I had lunch with Mo-chan, Mio and Nadine. Nadine is a ryugakusei from Germany. We have been gooood friends since we firstmet in August. I know that many ryugakusei don't study seriously, and it seems that they came to Japan just to have fun, but Nadine is not like that. She tries hard to improve her Japanese, and she is interested in things of Japan alot, so when I talk with Nadine, I am encouraged to study hard. We talked about so many things of Germany, Japan, etc, so we felt it was sort of petit globalization. Exaggerated? ...anyway, some details of our chatting are below...

Of course we talked about studying in foreign countries. I asked alot of questions of Nadine's stay in Japan, and I was pleased to know that she enjoys Japan. Now she stays with her hostfamily so she can learn Japanese real life style. She also asked me if I would go abroad to study during KGU's time. Then I said I had been thinking if I should have tried or not because I didn't have confidence in my ability of English, but still I hoped that I could. Then she said if I study abroad, that would be a very important part of my life because it is not just travelling, but I live in the country. I thought Nadine has learned alot not only a language(Japanese), but also herself & life itself.

There is our dislike point in KGU. When I talk with ryugakusei & KGU's students, all of them say they dislike it too. That is the situation that ryugakusei & KGU students are separated sharply. I have been thinking that I want more chances to make ryugakusei friends, and my ryugakusei friends hope so too, but in fact, ryugakusei have their classes at CIE, and Japanese students have theirs in buiding1 or2. Why don't we have classes in the same building? We wanted to write a letter to KGU's president, Tanimoto san, but we didn't know how we could meet him... I often go to CIE, ask my ryugakusei friends if they have some time for lunch together, try to speak to my ryugakusei friends' friends, but still, I think students need some support from school.

Nadine has a lot of high technolory products such as MD-walkman, Kanji-German dictionary and digital camera. We were surprsed to see such high tecnology stuffs, but she WAS surprised that we didn't know that they were Japan's tecnologies!! Actually, no Japanese people know that they were Japan's. Now I am a bit proud of Japan's tecnology, and I also realize that tecnology can spread to the whole world!

I was very sad to hear that Nadine would finish her staying in Japan, and leave for her home in May. I wanted to get together with her more often, but we have been too busy to meet so far. She gave me German chocolate as a present! It was sweet & delicious. I will keep the package for memory as everything is written in German on it. When I see the package, I can remember how fun talking with Nadine was. We also took photos & exchanged adresses each other so that we can keep in touch. I will miss her heaps, but someday, Mo-chan, Mio & I want to visit her in Germany in the future!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home