Uly's Blog

Hi I'm Uly.

Sunday, April 18, 2004

One day I was surprised to hear what Roger said in our class. He said that it was sunny but we could not see the mountains because of pollution. Everyone seemed to be surprised too. Before I heard it, I thought we could not see far because it was a cloudy day but in fact, the cause was a pollution.

Roger also said that he had a sore throat because of the air pollution too. I felt sorry to hear that and I thought about the situation around KGU. There is a plant next to KGU and there is a traffic lane which a lot of trucks and cars pass every time. Thinking about all those circumstances, the air which we breathe every day is not very clean.

Then how can we solve this air pollution? Wow, tough question, isn't it? Can we ask the workers in the plant to stop working? Impossible. Can we close the traffic lane so that no cars can pass around KGU? No way. I think one of the biggest problems of global issues is this. It is very difficult to find a way which is the best for all the people to solve the issues. Even so, we have already started to think about global issues in Scott's class and I think there is a big difference between just leaving the problems and considering them. Now it is clear for us that we can not ignore the issues any more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home