Uly's Blog

Hi I'm Uly.

Saturday, April 16, 2005

There will be a Food Expo held at Index Osaka during the Golden Week holiday. This food festival is called 'UTAGE', and I am one of the members who will help some eazy works there as a volunteering staff. Utage's image-character is 'Foopie'. Foopie is a kewpie of food, and it is really cute! Foopie has a lot of friends, and you can see those characters' moving on its site. At Utage, there will be a lot of events which are all about foods from around the world! You can try German beer, noodles of various Asian countries, good products from everywhere in Japan, etc.etc. There will be also a huge display of pottery, an ice-carving, showing of different kitchen's stuff. My position is 'Food Circus Area'. At the Food Circus Area, there will be lots of events, like if you put 100yen in a box, later you can taste speciall dinner. The menu is different everyday, but for example, there will be Okonomiyaki! This Food Expo is held every four year, like an Olympic Games, and this time, they expect that more than 600,000 people will visit during the Golden Week! They also said that they will have visiters from abroad too, so I hope I have a chance to talk with someone in English. Utage is held by the aim of letting people realize the fun of enjoying food customs. They also express 'Clean & Safety'. If you wash your hands very well, you can get a tatto sticker of Foopie! There will be real circus people, dancing performances, face-painting services etc!

Do you like foods? Do you enjoy eating? Do you know any special cuisine? Let's meet up at this Utage, and enjoy ourselves^^. Hummm, I love food!

6 Comments:

  • At 7:04 PM, Blogger Scott Douglas said…

    That sounds like so much fun!

     
  • At 8:43 PM, Blogger Uka said…

    Wow that event is absolutely for me!! It makes my stomac sing.... Yup, there are various size of clothes here! And shoes too, right?? I can buy my size @ outlet coz my size 5 or 6.... I jus woke up now. I will make my BK+lunch!!

     
  • At 9:15 AM, Blogger aoba said…

    Hi, Thanx posting on my blogs!! Well....Food Expo?! Food is my reason for life! lol I definetly will visit it!! My friends and I love to eat, and drink, we are gaining weight, lol, but we won't stop eating, and i'm planning to ask my eating club friends (lol) to go to Food Expo! By the way, Im commenting to Yuri and also Akemi's comments, here. i mean about garbages. Exhibition is now held in Aichi, I saw in the news that was about separating garbage according to type in that Exhibition place, all of the visitors said they didn't know how to do, and the rule was too strict and complicated. Also, garbage collecters did hard work for separating garbage into many types, coz many people did not know how to do it, they throw into different trash can. I am not the exception, I do not know how to separate gabages into many types. I live in Hirakata city, Osaka, here, we do not separate garbages, we just put together and throw. well, my hometown has several rules for throwing and first i moved to here, I was kinda surprised by hirakata's system,`just put garbages together`, and questioned why Hirakata city does not rule anything. But what happened to me? putting garbage together is just so easy and simple,and I spoil myself, I become not think about separating garbages daily. I found many people notice and know that we should do it and recycle many things for our future, but on the other hand, when it happen to themselves, they start to think it is someone's story, not theirs, and they start to spoil themselves. So, my point is people tend to do easier things even they know those are not good. So, I realize that I should think both ways; good for the earth, envirounment, or our future, and convinience for our daily lives. we already know how convinient life is becoming, and still its going, we cant go back so easily, probably, and indeed me too. I like convinient life, I can't live without convinient stuff. well, i wrote too long, I think (well it will be my last`I think....`lol) people cannot think without convinience. and its sure that there will be many garbages when food expo is held, im interested in how they will be treated. well, i should shut up now, lol. i am endng my theory, byebye!

     
  • At 12:48 AM, Blogger natsumi said…

    Thank you so much to read my blog and commented about it!
    Food Expo!! I didn't know such a interesting thing will be held! I love eating! And it's really interesting that we can know about foods all over the world! I think we can imagine the life of our unknown countries by knowing about the food of that country. I really want to go there!!!!

     
  • At 6:04 AM, Blogger CCoder said…

    I love food... All senses are used to eat (except hearing i think...).
    I love japanese food too... But i don't want to think about FoodExpo cuz it makes me feel hungry... ^_^

    Fahrenheit 911 is a Michael Moore's movie about G.W. Bush and war at iraq... you should see it... here's a trailer:
    http://www.fahrenheit911.com/trailer/

     
  • At 9:29 AM, Blogger daniel said…

    hey,i love food! that sound so much fun!! i wanna go to that food expo! u asked me if i had a good book, this book called Ghost in the Guitar was pretty good. i read for the book report assignment. i like the giver 2! that book is great!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home