Uly's Blog

Hi I'm Uly.

Friday, July 29, 2005

I visited UNICEF's office in Osaka. I met UNICEF's staff from Osaka office at the Food Expo, and they told me that if I visited them, I would be able to help their works at the office, so I jumped in anyway. I did not do anything amazing to help hungry children around the world,but I could talk with staff there, and listen lots of interesting opinions about jobs, marriages, family, and life. It was very good that I could know what people around my parents age think about those things. People at the UNICEF's office have various back ground. There are journalists, career women, housemakers, Japanese teachers, and students. I could listened different comments for each topic. For example, when I asked about marriage, some people said that it is a wonderful experience in people's life, and there is a suitable time to have children and raise them. Others said that getting married is not the only way to have a good life, and people should try anything they are curious when they are young. What do you say, my readers?

The office is on level 4 of closed school building. There are a lot of materials and UNICEF's goods in the small room. I found a poster of David Beckham wearing UNICEF's black sweat shirt! I also bought UNICEF's postcards. The half of the sales is used to help UNICEF's activity. There are many videos about hungry people and developing countries around the world, so I watched two or three of them. I watched a documentary of a poor counry having a problem to develop. They can produce lots of sugar canes, but they hardly get money because of the selfishness of rich countries. I also watched an animation of a poor country where a few people keep a lot of money to themselves while many children cannot go to school. Now I am a volunteering member of UNICEF's Osaka office. Cool, eh? We look for volunteering staff for our activities. For example, we will go to KIX to introduce UNICEF's T-shirts, postcards, and many other UNICEF's goods in September. There will be a celebration of KIX, so hopefully, many people from the world will visit UNICEF's booth. If you are curious, you can get more info at UNICEF's website or leave questions on comment here.

8 Comments:

  • At 6:18 AM, Blogger M said…

    Hello Yuri! You have a nice blog here. Thanks for visiting Dreamer's Reality. Come back as often as you like! :-)

     
  • At 2:16 PM, Blogger CCoder said…

    UNICEF makes a huge work all over the world.
    It seems you like to help people, it's people like you who will change the world (sooner or later).
    I am not that kind of person. I'm not bad, but i don't like professional personal-contact (but i'm a really friendly person, in fact, i love talking and having fun with everybody). That's the reason i work with computers.
    But, I'm changing the world too! i encourage people to change their propietary-software (like MS Windoze) to free-software (like Linux)...
    Anyway, congrats! you're to good for this planet...

     
  • At 3:37 AM, Blogger trae_z said…

    as so many other people have said, thanks for visiting my blog...i love the Japanese! peace.

    TRAE from Nigeria.

     
  • At 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi Yuri, the subject about the married is very complicated, i don't have a strong decision about this, perhaps by a wonderful woman i change my opinion. jeje

    Saludos Yuri ;)

     
  • At 6:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Yuri , good that you have joined UNICEF'S office in Osaka . It was a very interesting & enjoyable blog & shows what can be done bye each person no matter how small you think your contribution is . Alot of people doing small things eventually grows to a big organisation like UNICEF . Your friend Michael ,Brisbane .

     
  • At 3:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Yuri!!
    It's my first comment on ur blog!!
    I have a good news for you. at Asahiya shoten in Sakaihigashi, I saw white bands. Did you get that yet?

     
  • At 11:52 AM, Blogger fatrobot said…

    i tried to visit unicef but they said NO ROBOTS
    then i changed into a glow in the dark cobra and spat out electricity everywhere and the earth trembled

     
  • At 5:51 AM, Blogger Ragge said…

    Happy Birthday Yuri!

    Saw that your profile turned from 20 to 21, and since you are a leo.. :)

    Wish you all good for the new year!

    Cheers

     

Post a Comment

<< Home