Uly's Blog

Hi I'm Uly.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Sorry the long absente. I have been super bz, and now I have had a cold. Ah! sore throat! I do not do volunteering activity in this month bcz the latest one I did was the last day of September, and the next one I will do is in the early November. Also, I have been bz & sick. When people are tired, they cannot be nice to others, so that is why I do not take part in any volunteering activity this month.

The last volunteering I did in September was to help people from abroad to have conversations in Japanese at Japan Red Cross in Tenmabashi. I met a woman from Philippine, and we together practiced telling Japan's traditional fairy tales in Japanese. We tried "Momotaro" story, and it was really fun;) I did not realize that it was such an interesting story!

From my Becca course from uni, I visited Peace Osaka, and saw war memoirs of WW2. It was just like 200yen to enter, and I liked the place because I could see a lot of war history of Japan and the world there. I think that it is really bad that when I was a pupil, and learned about war, everything I learned was just what I had to memorize to get okay-grade on each exam, and not more than that. Now I think that I have to read news articles about people's war experiences. I wish I could lesten to my grandfather's war experience too.

This coming weekend, I will visit Hiroshima, and listen to an atomic bomb survivor. I have already visited Hiroshima, and listened to an atomic bomb survivor on school trip from my junior high school, so I was about 15 years old then. At that time, I also visited the Atomic Bomb Memorial Dome, and saw things there too. So this time, I am very curious to myself thinking that after 6 years since my last visit in Hiroshima, what different/same I will feel. Also I am very curious to see the reactions of other international students. They are from very different countries, so that will be very interesting.

In November, I will go to Terry Fox Run;) I learned about Terry Fox's charity marathon for cancer research in my global issues class last year, and I went to Terry Fox Run, and had a lot of fun there;) so this is going to be second time that I paticipate to Terry Fox Run. It will be in Kobe again, and that is November 12th. I really look forward to walking the beautiful town again. Do you ever go to Terry Fox Run in your country, readers? This time, I will bring my camera, and take lotsof photos of the beautiful scenery like coconut trees, ocean, sky, etc. Let's believe in peace!

6 Comments:

  • At 10:25 PM, Blogger erika said…

    Hello!! Are you all right? People become cold in the turn of season, so please be carful!! Anyway, you are doing volunteers? It's good deeds. I think people who do volunteers also can learn something.

     
  • At 7:28 AM, Blogger CCoder said…

    I'm agree with you... you can't help people when you are in bad situations...
    In those situations you need help from others...

    Here we dont have Terry Fox Run...
    But here are lots of another charity marathon...

    And hiroshima's bomb attack... no comments... I saw the other day a TV program where survivors told what they suffer... i feel sad.

    -------
    Reply to your comment at my blog:
    I don't think 3D animation is bad.
    But hacking is not 3D stuff moving around in a screen. In fact, computers are not 3D stuff moving in a screen.
    Using the shell, you get the best performance from your PC.
    The best PCs haven't got a GUI...

     
  • At 5:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great blog! I also have a site about waterskiing tips found
    . You can check it out at waterskiing tips found
    .

    Also, as a special bonus, I want to tell you about a great site that is giving away a FREE Sony DVD Handycam. Just click the link below and enter your Zipcode to qualify.

    FREE Sony DVD Handycam

     
  • At 7:04 AM, Blogger スロ / Bernat said…

    Terry Fox Run....we don't have it here.

    That volunteering to help to talk in Japanese is very interesting....I'll have to look for it

     
  • At 10:40 AM, Blogger Scott Douglas said…

    That is so great that you are going to the Terry Fox Run on November 12th! We had our Terry Fox Run on September 16th, and I thought about you when I was running the 5 kms. I remembered how great it was last year when you came to the Terry Fox Run. Anyway, I hope you have a lot of fun this year too. Take as many people with you as you can! Guess what, here in Canada, Adidas re-released a limited amount of the exact same running shoes that Terry Fox wore when he ran his marathon, and all the money raised from the sales of the shoes went to cancer research. I ended up buying two pairs because I was so excited to have the exact same shoes as Terry Fox. I was going to wear them in the run in September, but I decided to save them instead, and now they are just sitting in my closet. However, I'm really glad to have them.

    Anyway, it's so great that you are still blogging! I am going to be in a conference this coming up Friday, and I am going to be talking about blogs. I think they are such a great way to practice English!

    Later!

     
  • At 7:17 AM, Blogger Uka said…

    Heyyyyaaa!! URI!!

    Peace Osaka!! i wanted to go there, but Id been supaaaa bz when I was doin IES and Bekka...
    Do you remember that Yoko and me were soooo stressed out!??

    NOw Im soooo relaxed.. cos I finished all my assignments!!! Still have exams though...

    Woww Terry Fox Run!! I wanna joinnnnn.... but Ill be busy again in Nov, bcuz of exams and packing.. maybe next year!!

    Oh well... haha I wanted to surprise you guys!! kikiki!! But anyways.. Im fine. Sort of happy;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home