Uly's Blog

Hi I'm Uly.

Saturday, June 07, 2014

Good bye, Tokyo


What words describe your hometown?
What represents your hometown?

To me, it is bass of the frogs, a farmer with a straw hat and the unique accent of our local language.These are all seen in my neighborhood which remind me that I came back home.

I hear winds, trees, pounds, birds, grasses and the frogs. The frogs' bass is like a funny music which last all night, makes me feel relaxing and drowsy.This music has not changed since I was a kid here.

One day I saw a farmer with a big straw hat walking. Maybe he finished his work for the day, going back to his house or he was moving to another farm of his.There are many different types of farms in my neiborhood like grapes, plums, oranges, figgs, vegetables and rice, so it is nothing special to see a farmer and a big straw hat in my hometown, but it never happen on the street in Tokyo at all, it is impossible.I did not notice when I went to the cities in Tokyo.Now it is clear, that I am home.

It is very comfortable to hear old people's talking each other in such slow, soft way in our local accent.Eventhough we speak in the same local language, the old people use different music from mine.I like the accent of my grandmother talking. She uses some old words that I do not use, but I can catch up the meaning.I like the language of my uncle's accent too. His talking sounds very soft and it has more localness than mine.I feel lucky when I am near old people's chatting on the road, on the train, everywhere in our district.They are just chatting, but to me, that sounds like a treasure of my hometown.

Frogs, straw hat and old accent, they never notice how much they make me feel peaceful, remind that now I am home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home